Tuesday, April 14, 2015

New Books!!

So, I was given couple books for Easter this year and I just bought two more that I'm pretty excited about and I wanted to share the news and thoughts on these new (to me) books.


From Easter:
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Recent Purchase:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I'm currently reading Red Queen, which I started today, and am absolutely in love with the writing style. It is captivating from the very beginning and I highly recommend it. I became aware to the novel through several youtubers. (I also recommend for people to check out the channels Katytastic, polandbananasbooks, and abookutopia if you are interested in the book tube world.)

Afterworlds, Snow Like Ashes, and Throne of Glass were also recommended through people on youtube and I am really looking forward to these as well.

In The Afterlight is the last book in The Darkest Minds trilogy. I adored the first two books in this series so much. The writing style is beautiful and the characters are really interesting. Another highly recommended trilogy!

Frankenstein and Outlander are two books I just picked up at Barnes and noble because I saw them and thought why not. both the books have been in a couple discussions in my A.P. European History class, especially Frankenstein, and I became really eager to read them. Outlander was first brought to my attention by abookutopia on Youtube as it is one of her favorite book and television series.

No comments:

Post a Comment